Sunday, February 21, 2010

President's Weekend and Valentine's Day

It was such an action packed weekend. I don't know what I was thinking, but I decided this would be a great weekend to learn to use my pressure cooker with the grandkids coming from Las Vegas and my sister, Michele, and Blake coming also. So I buy 40 pounds of chicken and start on Friday when I get home from work. Thank heavens for Jan who helped me cut it all up. Jen had a few delays and she was going to show me how to use my pressure cooker. But after reading the directions about six times Jan, Elizabeth and I felt confident enough to start a batch. Well it was actually much easier than I thought. When Jen came she assured us we did everything correctly. Michele and Blake showed up in the middle of all the caos. I think she thought I was crazy. Jimmy had gone to Las Vegas with Matt to pick up the kids and Matt was picking up some new customers. It took Matt a bit longer than he thought so the kids were delayed coming back, but it gave me time to get the first batch of chicken finished and get dinner made. Friday night was crazy, but oh so much fun. The next day Michele, Blake, Jan and I all went to the Parade of Homes. We had such a good time. The weather was fantastic and the homes were a blast to see. Blake was such a good kid. It had to be boring for him going to homes all day. We ate lunch at Marv's Burgers. It was so yummy. I definatly want to go back again. Michele bought a couple of swim suits at Costco. They are so much cheaper than anywhere else. After Michele and Blake went home Jan and I went with Jimmy, Jen, Carter and Taylor to Pirate Island's Pizza. It was such a fun place. Nothing like Chucky Cheese. The atmosphere is so much fun and the Spicey Chicken Pizza is to die for. The kids had a great time and the adults had alot of fun. Sunday was not only Valentine's Day, but we were also celebrating Elizabeth's 28th birthday. As you can see from the pictures, Jen went all out for the kids for Valentine's Day. She goes to such extra effort to make holidays special for them. I had to add her pictures because they are just too cute. Jen is such a wonderful addition to our family. I love her so much in fact we all love her so much. Elizabeth asked for Chip Beef on Engish Muffins and Strawberry Crepes. I thought wow am I getting off easy, but making crepes for that many people takes an hour just to make the crepes. While waiting for me to finish the crepes Carter and Taylor were trying to learn how to do a head stand after watching Elizabeth do one. Everyone had a great time. Elizabeth loved her gifts and I think she felt special. Taylor and Carter helped me set the table and we even put place cards for everyone. It was a wonderful day. On Monday, Jimmy, Jen and the kids came over and spent the morning watching the new Disney movie. While they were watching the movie I planted the early spring garden. I sure hope something grows. I am going to put netting over the plants when they are little so the birds don't eat everything like they did in the fall. I made chicken salad with the chicken I bottled. It turned our really good. Taylor and I make chocolate chip cupcakes. They were so so good. I love cooking and baking with her. Jen had to take the kids home because in the morning Jimmy sprained his ankle really bad and he had to keep it elevated all day so he could go to work the next morning. After her busy weekend Jen cheerfully took the kids home. She had everything set up in the car to make the trip enjoyable. It was not a boring weekend!!!














1 comment:

  1. The more birthdays we have the more I just want ALL of it for my bday dinner :) I'm so excited for another fun weekend with everyone!

    ReplyDelete