Thursday, March 18, 2010

The BEST Spring Break!!!!

One of the most fun things I got to do during spring break was attend Bob's 60th birthday party. Boy, are we getting old. It was such a fun get together with all of his children and grandchildren. They invited Johnny and Amber and my two adorable grandchildren. As you can tell by Abby's expression she is having a great time in her jump up. She loves to jump and she was in her glory. It kept her occupied and happy for quite some time.
Bob with his granddaughter, Mandy, and his daughter Brennetta who now has six children with the oldest two in kindergarten this year. She and Barry, her husband, adopted the two oldest girls, then they were blessed with a surprise daughter, Evey, and the were just given three children through foster care. She has her hands full! What a wonderful mom she is. I don't think I could handle six little children.

My dear friends, Bob and Benita. Happy 60th birthday Bob!!!

Bob was lucky enough to have three of his children at his party. It had been quite a while since I had seen Ben. It was so good getting to catch up with him. He seems happy and he has a wonderful girlfriend. Michael, who was not there was working in Roswell New Mexico.
Barry with the newest member of his family, Joey.
My little grandson, Logan, ready for birthday cake.
Benita got Bob a yummy oreo cookie ice cream cake and a peanut butter cake. They were both delicious.
Bob, you do have beautiful granddaughters and they do seem to love cake :)
One of Logan's favorite things in the world are balloons. The girls left them and he took them home with him. He looks like a man on a mission. I want out with these balloons!!!!
Oh, I love you Abby.

Carter, my boy, who loves babies.
What grandma could ask for more than having lunch with two adorable boys. It was a horrible cold rainy day. We were supposed to go to a park and have a picnic and play, but no way. Lucky for Amber and I they just opened a new McDonalds close to their home and it had a wonderful play area in it. The boys had the best time. And I had a wonderful time just watching them. Every time Logan could not see Carter he would say, "Carter, where are you?" It was so cute. Logan just loves his big cousin, Carter. He follows him around like a puppy dog.


Carter and I picked up Taylor from school and went to the mall. It was fun watching Taylor go from store to store. I was able to learn a lot about her. When I told Carter it would be Taylor's turn to tell us what she would like to do he said, "Oh, no all she ever wants to do is go to Justice!" He was right. I think Carter enjoyed Justice more than Taylor.


I have the dearest friend in the whole world, Benita. She can do anything. Quilt, scrapbook, cook wonderful food, be the best mother and grandmother, an amazing nurse, teacher, and the most amazing person I know. But there is one thing she has trouble with as you can tell by these pictures. Her home was turned upside down when she and Bob were called to have the missionaries move in with them. Everything that was in the guest room was thrown into the family room and down the hall to make room for the missionaries. She was given no notice. She is in the middle of getting her masters degree in nursing, teaching a nursing class and working as a nurse. Not only that she is a wife, mother and grandmother. If that is not enough she is involved with everything. I could not keep my head above water if I was juggling everything she is. And the most amazing thing is she has been my friend for 35 years. I cannot think of a time when she was not there for me when I needed her. She has been a calming force in my life. Whenever I was worried about my children she was there to listen. I felt so blessed that she needed me. So Benita and I spent every free moment she had organizing her new guest room, the hallway, her family room and the kitchen. She kept telling everyone I was killing her, but I want you all to know she was still alive when I left. She was so brave. We filled her van three times with items for DI. We filled 5 recycling bins and three of the largest garbage bags I have ever seen. We were both exhausted by Friday afternoon when I needed to pick up my grandchildren and head back to St. George. I loved the time I got to spend with her. We never get to hang out and it was the best way I could have spent my spring break.






I love our before and after pictures. We sure worked hard.







No comments:

Post a Comment