
Michele found us the best hotel for almost nothing. Thanks Michele for making sure we had a great place to stay. We had to take a picture while the room was still presentable.

Yes, it is just what it looks like a big old jack-o-lantern. It was a Kodak moment.

We loved this fresh produce stand. They had the best hot apple cider and the most wonderful honey apples we have ever tasted. We actually went back again and bought more apples. There is nothing better than apples fresh from the tree. To be more correct everything we bought there was wonderful!!!


We had to go to Wrightstown it is where we all lived as young children.

This is a fork in a road. This is where we would wait for the bus when we went to Wrightstown Elementary. The road to the left is the road to our house. It is now called Thompsonmill Rd. When I was a child it was called Factory Rd because there was a fat rendering plant on the road. Also the road was not paved the whole 10 years we lived there.

This was the only store in town. This is where we had to go to get our mail and groceries. They do not have a post office there anymore. That was kind of sad. The mail boxes were so old. They had combinations. I can still remember our combination. It was h and a half f and half h. It's funny the things you remember.

This cool sign was not there when I went to school here. I loved the sign so I took a picture of it.

When I was in sixth grade our class made this mosaic. It was such a neat thing to do. I was so glad it was still there. It is one of my fond memories. I wish my children had had the same opportunity to make something that was around 40 years later at the elementary school they went to.


This is the church I went to growing up. It is St. Andrews and it is located in Newtown. Newtown was about six miles from Wrightstown. It was the big town. It is where our family did all of our weekly shopping. Once in a while we would shop in Philly.

For two years we went to Catholic School. It was across the street from St. Andrews. I went there during second and third grade. My second grade teacher was Miss Barbara. She was everything a child could want in a teacher. I loved her. Now my third grade teachers were two mean nuns. I hated it. I had over thirty children in my class that year. The next year my mother decided to put us back into public school where we could go for free and only have 16 to 20 students in our class.

Once in a while when we were very lucky we went to this theater in Newtown. We may have only gone five times in 10 years. Usually if we went to the movies we would go in the summer to a drive in. It was much cheaper with five children.

When I went with my family in the early 90s we stayed in the house next store. Which has since been torn down and in its place is a 4 million dollar home. This is where we met our Aunt Betty. She walks with a walker and it took a lot of effort on her part to go up and down those stairs. Her friend John owns the house which is used as a beach rental. I love Cape May it reminds me of the town in Murder She Wrote. I would love to live in a town that looks like this.

This house was once owned by Aunt Betty. It was a Sears and Robuck modular house. I would love to own this house, but it is well out of my price range. She took us all through the town and told us about so many of the places.


It was freezing that day. A noreaster was coming in and we were about the only crazy fools to be on the boardwalk. Everything was closed. I was kind of sad. I would have liked to have spent some time exploring. Aunt Betty was a real trooper. She went everywhere with us even though it was so difficult for her. Notice Aunt Betty and Michele are bundled up and look at Maureen without a coat. I was freezing just looking at her.


The boardwalk looked like a ghost town.

Now look at Maureen. All bundled up to go to sleep. She turned the heat up in our room to the point that we were sweating. She was still frozen from the day without a coat on.

This cute barn had a garage sale in it. It was so much fun. Michele bought a fur stole that was made in Trenton NJ.


Look at this cool school house. I never knew it was there when I lived there. It was so unusual.


I was in love with the fall colors. And I just kept trying to get beautiful pictures of the trees. Maureen and Michele look like they are taking a leisurely stroll through the countryside.


One of my favorite places to go as a child was New Hope. I think we only went there a couple of times. It has quaint shops that are not very kid friendly. As an adult it is such a fun place to go. Because of the bad weather the shops were quite empty, but all the store owners were very friendly to us. We had a wonderful day in spite of the weather.



This is where we had lunch. It was so yummy. We asked a few shop owners where they liked to eat and they all suggested the same place.


Just beautiful homes in New Hope that have been turned into other things.


The weather was so cold when we got to Washington's Crossing. We were the only people out there looking around. It wasn't nearly as cold as it must have been for Washington and his army. It gave us a greater appreciation of what those brave men did so I could live in this amazing country.

This inn was there when Washington crossed the Deleware River.



This inn was not, but it was a great photo moment.


This carving was dedicated in 1776 during the 200th celebration of our great country.

This house is located on Blue Ridge Dr in Levittown. It is the home I lived in from the time I was born until I started Kindergarten. It needs some tender loving care. It made me feel bad.

Well another wet, cold rainy day. But did that stop us. NO!!! We were still out sight seeing. Usually the only people. We decided to go to Amish country. It was a delightful experience. We paid for a tour on a bus. We were the only people on the tour so we could ask a lot of questions. Our driver was very knowledgable. We learned so much about the Amish. They never go on welfare, they take care of each other if there is a financial problem, they will not sue doctors or anyone, they do not let anything into their homes that would be a bad influence that is why they do not have electricity. If they buy a home that has electricity they disconnect it. They are gradually buying out all the English. (that is what we are called) The Amish are not like poligamist they keep beautiful homes and yards. They are people I do respect.

Can you guess what that is a picture of? You might have thought it was a outhouse. No it is not. It is where the owner keeps his phone for his business. He has to have one to make a living for his family, but it has its own little home. Kind of like a phone booth. Isn't that the cutest thing.


What do you think is under all of those bags? If you can believe it its celery. They grow a lot of celery if there is going to be a wedding in the family. They think celery is quite a treat.


Can you believe these buggies cost $7-10,ooo. When we went to Costco they actually had parking for the buggies. It was so cute. They do shop at Costco. Who doesn't!!!!

Well after being rained out for two days we finally got to work at the three day cancer walk that turned into the one day walk. Don't you just love our pink hair. We are making quite a fashion statement. You would not believe the amount of clothes we have on. I think we have on all the clothes we brought and all the ones we bought to keep us warm.

It was not a warm day by any means. Even with all we had on we were still freezing. We were praying for it to quit raining and for the wind to quit blowing. We had to laugh that we were serving cold drinks. It was so cold on our hands.

Our location for our PIT STOP was beautiful. We were at the Korean War Memorial. It touched my heart.

As you can tell by the other people on our crew we were out to have a good time no matter what the weather. We had different costumes for each day of the walk, but because we only had one day we wore everything. It was quite funny to look at us. But we weren't the funniest people we saw that day. Everyone involved with the walk has such a good time with it. It was such a great day.


One of the neatest things they do in Philly is paint murals on so many of the buildings. They were fantastic and a lot better to look at than grafitti. I love Philly.

There are two amazing steak sandwich shops in Philly and would you believe they are across the street from each other. We ate at Geno's but you can tell by the line that everyone else ate across the street at Pat's. Can you believe it it is freezing and everyone is standing outside waiting to get a Philly steak sandwich. It was so, so good. What was crazy is they only served steak sandwiches. You could get them with or without cheese. You had to go to another line to get a drink.


After we had lunch we went to the closing ceremonies. It was a WOW moment. After everyone walked in the survivors walked in and everyone cheered. It was so touching. I could see why Michele did these walks year after year. Can you believe the crowd even with the horrible weather.


That evening we went to see my cousin Karen. She is still as beautiful as ever. We also got to meet her daughter and her granddaughter. Karen went out of her way to make sure we had a wonderful visit. Karen and I were always so close growing up. We loved to hang out together.

We were so excited when two more of our cousins came to visit. Linda was the youngest on the left and Susan on the right. Susan has such a good heart. I loved seeing her again. Linda is as cute as ever. She is just a tiny thing.
On our final day in Philly we went to Independence Square. The last time I was there the Liberty Bell was just in a tiny building, now it is in this amazing building and it is right across from Independence Hall.


This is the inside of Independence Hall.

This is the room where the House of Representatives met.

This is the room where the Senate met. It took my breath away it was so beautiful.

I did not realize it, but the first post office in the US was in Philadelpia and Ben Franklin was the first Postmaster General. It is still a working post office at least to buy stamps and mail letters.

This is the back of the post office. It was just a pretty picture.

This is the oldest street in Philadelpia and people actually live in the houses. They have no yard and no where to park a car. But they were beautiful houses.

This is Christ Church cemetary where Benjaman Franklin is buried. The head stones were all worn. You could not read anyones names. but it was a peaceful place.

It was a wonderful adventure with my sisters. We laughed hard and played hard and built memories that we will share for years to come.
thank you for posting these pictures. How fun it is to see your trip. I love it! What a cute little town, and the walk looks like it was a blast.
ReplyDelete