Saturday, October 16, 2010

So Much Fun Packed Into One Week

We had such a good time. Jan and I were able to spend a lot of time with Taylor and Carter. I tried to do something special with them each day. They learned how to make a brown sack scrapbook with Sarah. They turned out so cute and I put pictures in them from things they had done with Jen and Jimmy and also us. Another day we took a tour of Historic St George. We rode around town in a bus. The kids thought the bus was fun. We were able to see the Brigham Young Winter home, the old Court house, the Tabernacle and the Old Opera House. We also were able to take them to Pirate Island Pizza. They love to go there and we don't mind it either. Jan went with the kids and their Dad to Snow Canyon Park. It was a very hot day what were they thinking, but they still had fun. Jimmy and I took the kids to a water park. Taylor and Carter had fun, but it was almost too hot for that. It was a very hot week. One of the very special things I got to do with Taylor was teach her how to sew. We made pajamas and a bathrobe for her American Girl doll. At first I thought I was crazy for even trying it with her, but she is a fast learner and by the second day she could pin and cut out a pattern and sew all the straight lines. I was so proud of her. Next time I think we will make something much easier for her and something she could wear. Jan and I love hanging out with the two of them. They are wonderful grandchildren that we are so blessed to have.



















No comments:

Post a Comment