
Over my fall break Jan and I went to Las Vegas to spend time with my brother John who was visiting with his girl friend Carolyn from South Carolina. He had come to St George the weekend before for his friends wedding and now he was in Las Vegas for his class reunion. It was the first time I had met Carolyn. She is so nice. She is perfect for John. She is warm and loving towards him which is not something we ever saw in his other girlfriends. Carolyn actually brings out the best in him. If you look carefully John is smiling in the picture. Carolyn went garage selling with Michele and me on Saturday morning. We had so much fun.

Also on Saturday Michele's church was putting on an Octoberfest for the community. Michele and Amanda were in charge of face painting. They did a great job. I haven't ever seen face painting like that before.

Jan looks pretty cool behind that police motorcycle.

Evan looks like one sad puppy dog.

Cool face, Blake.

Beau was too busy making crafts to get his face painted.


Jan and I decided to cruise down the Las Vegas strip. We hadn't cruised it in years and so much of it had changed. As we were driving we noticed an ABC store. You may be wondering what is so special about an ABC store. Well when we were in Hawaii you could find at least one ABC store on every block. It made us think of Hawaii a place we dearly love.

The craziest thing we did all weekend was go to the Silver and Gold Pawn Shop. You may know the store from the show Pawn Stars. Jan and I love the show. We are amazed by what people bring into the shop to pawn. The thing we didn't plan on was the crowd. There were people everywhere. We had to wait in a line outside the building for about 20 minutes which was ok, because we had a chance to talk to a Democrat from New York who could not stand what Obama was doing to our country. He was fun to talk to. Finally we were allowed into the store.

I had to get a picture of Jan by the green picture that is in every show. It was interesting to see that not everything in the store was for sale. Another thing I never thought of was they sell souvineers of themselves and they are not cheap. I was going to buy a shirt, but the one I liked that had all the main stars on it they did not have in my size.

We were there on a Saturday and normally the main guys are not there, but just our luck the Old Man was there and he took the time to take pictures with the crowd. If you are wondering why we posed like that it is because that is how they look at the beginning of every show.

The next day on Sunday we went over to John and Ambers and went to church with them. We wanted to spend some time with our little Abby and Logan. Abby is such a little walker. She is so sure of herself now.
No comments:
Post a Comment